FINAL FANTASY V

FINAL FANTASY V

View Stats:
Cutty Flam Apr 20, 2020 @ 1:36am
Launch issues
I tried to pick it back up and when I hit play on the launcher it pulls up the game then closes back to the launcher. I tried reinstalling it, I tried running it from the desktop and I tried to hit running as admin.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Kiss My Ax Apr 20, 2020 @ 2:00am 
Originally posted by Carl Aznable:
I tried to pick it back up and when I hit play on the launcher it pulls up the game then closes back to the launcher. I tried reinstalling it, I tried running it from the desktop and I tried to hit running as admin.
Did you verify game files
Cutty Flam Apr 20, 2020 @ 3:44am 
It won't let me click to verify integrity when I click properties in steam
Electric Cupcake Apr 20, 2020 @ 11:08am 
If you try to launch the game .exe without the launcher, is there an error message?

You might be missing a DLL.
Cutty Flam Apr 21, 2020 @ 2:13am 
Originally posted by Hugsie Muffinball:
If you try to launch the game .exe without the launcher, is there an error message?

You might be missing a DLL.
Do you mean from the local files clicking the game .exe instead of the launcher? Or do you mean delete the launcher? Because when I click on the game .exe it just brings up the launcher with the Play/Settings options and it still just brings up the game window and then lowers it back to the launcher
If you have a controller on before you hit play that is likely the problem. Unhook your controller and start the game and once you are in the ingame menu(not launcher menu) connect your controller again. It is dumb but it works.
Last edited by Retro Hacker Developer; Apr 26, 2020 @ 10:09am
Cutty Flam Apr 26, 2020 @ 6:52pm 
I've tried that as well D:
Aaron617 May 7, 2020 @ 3:46pm 
having same issue if anyone has a fix please tell
Aaron617 May 7, 2020 @ 8:00pm 
found a solution try renaming a file called opengl32.dll to opengl32.dll.old it helped me thru the launcher looping and was able to successfully launch the game
叶苏 May 11, 2020 @ 1:47am 
Originally posted by Aaron617:
found a solution try renaming a file called opengl32.dll to opengl32.dll.old it helped me thru the launcher looping and was able to successfully launch the game
Thank you, I am the same problem, I tried your operation can be normal game. It's a real game victim.
Falkor444 May 17, 2020 @ 4:19pm 
THIS WORKED FOR ME!! (and I tried everything!)

Cutty Flam May 25, 2020 @ 4:54pm 
It still launcher loops D':
NotAebal Jul 1, 2020 @ 7:07am 
I have the same problem, tried everything above, but nothing works. No one to point a solution?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50